Thursday 16 February 2012

Tailoring Diary!

Hiya!

With the vague hope that someone will be interested enough to read about my historical patterning and tailoring projects I've decided to make this blog. The other obvious advantage being that I can have a single place for tracking my progress and hopefully one day exchange ideas and plans with other costumers and SCAdians.

My long-term project is to create a wardrobe for a yeoman's or burgess' wife from England in 1525. I find the transition period fascinating and I'm hoping to be able to recreate the number and variety of garments an upper-middle class woman of this period would own at a given point in her life.

Aside from the construction process, I have a real passion for patterning garments. Hopefully I can find enough volunteers to let me help with the patterning of their projects! If the wearer is comfortable with the idea, I'll do my best to take photos and try to track those projects as well.

Because I'm balancing uni, work and home commitments with my sewing time I expect my progress will be slow but I hope you will bear with me! I would love to get some feedback and hear about any of your own ideas and experiences.

Excitement!

~ E.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment