Thursday 15 March 2012

PLANS!

So! I haven't really done any sewing at all these past few weeks. Uni is too demanding on my time but oh well. I figure that's the way it should be. This week coming up is my study week so I'm making plans! Here's a list:

  • Finish the brown woollen kirtle;
  • Dye some wool;
  • Cut out woolen hose;
  • Alter a pair of existing silk sleeves to refresh them;
  • Pattern and cut out a gown to go over the kirtle;
  • Cut out a chemise.
If I can get all of this prepped by next week I'll be chuffed! I've got three asignments I want to get finished in this break though, so I can't afford to slack off, really. Just have to shoehorn more into the days (as if it were possible!).

Oh, I'l also try to remember to take a picture of the brown kirtle under a woolen gown I finished recently. I think you'll like it, even if the gown is a little bit later than the rest of the stuff, oops. It probably won't go into my wardrobe unless I can be sure it works for 1525. Any advice is appreciated! I'll post a picture of it soon.

<3 Elinor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 16/03/12:

Bah, I'm distracted from study by being excited about dyeing the wool I have! I can't decide which colour, though I'm considering a very period violet purple or a dark hunter green. I already have some black, red and blue put aside for later projects as well as a gown I've made from a dark rose-pink and one made previously from tawny/ochre wool cloth. Apparently I love bright colours!

So: violet, green or something else? Halp, please!

xxx E

No comments:

Post a Comment