Saturday 15 December 2012

Vintage Clothing Zerg: 9 SLEEPS!

Okay, 1 day down and I haven't done a whole lot... meep.

I have a confession - I already have the Aqua Print dress made. I have to finish the cummerbund that goes with it but it's really pretty much done.

So today I had Christmas things with my dad but I did manage to cut out and mark up the Yellow Batiste and Blue Floral dresses. Here are some scraps to show you what the fabric looks like:

I really wanted to get a border pattern fabric for what is now Blue Floral, but I just couldn't find any anywhere. I don't think it'll matter in the end. I think I'm going to change the pattern a little: knife-pleat the skirt (instead of gathering) and making a ribbon belt that I'll pin with a brooch if I can find something suitable (rather than another cummerbund).

These are the buttons for the shoulders of Blue Floral. I got them for a hefty 30c each at Spotlight a few months ago and stashed them. I only have eight of them, but I'll just use four on each shoulder and make it work.

Okay, so that's enough for tonight! Here's my current list:
Aqua print dress *finishing touches*
Blue floral dress *cut out/marked*
Yellow batiste dress *cut out/marked*
White lawn blouse 
Sleeveless blouse
Green collared blouse
Printed silk skirt
Linen bias-cut skirt
Cotton/linen jacket
Slacks 
Scarves
Hat


No comments:

Post a Comment